Monday, April 24, 2017

My First Post!

This is my very first ever blog post! I am almost done my fifth year of teaching---I can't believe that the end of the year is almost here! I am first grade teacher in North Miami Beach, Florida. Before that, I taught 4th and 5th grade in Houston, Texas. After learning about Professional Learning Networks, or PLN, I decided to create a blog!

A professional learning network is a great way for teachers to collaborate with educators locally and globally online. A PLN is a great way to learn about new technology, teaching techniques and find resources for your classroom. No matter how many years of experience you have, a PLN is a great way to strengthen your teaching skills. 

If you love teaching and seeing your students smile, I hope you'll enjoy reading my posts. I'll share lessons, units and activities that my students find fun and engaging. I've learned a lot since my first year of teaching but certainly don't have all the answers. As I learn about cool resources, and teaching techniques, I'll share them here. Whether this is your first year teaching, your a veteran teacher or a parent, I hope that you'll find my blog to be helpful! 

I'll be back on here tonight or tomorrow to share a belated Dr. Seuss project that my students and I just finished.

To learn more about Professional Learning Networks, I recommend that you check this post on OpenDoor
http://opendoorflathead.com/creating-a-personal-learning-network/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment